So what is hot and getting hotter these days? 3D printers—that’s what.
To make things easier for you, we have made this list of neat 3D printers that are just under $500, which are good value for your money.
Best 3D Printer Under $500
Our Top 5 Picks
The Solidoodle 2
- Only $499 and already assembled
- The Solidoodle 2 brand of printer comes in with a price tag of $499. Nevertheless, with compulsory taxes plus shipping, it would be more than the 500 dollars limit, but it is still considered to be a budget-friendly choice.
- What sets this brand apart from the other affordable ones is that it is nicely sized, with an enclosed bed area. This one also includes a heated bed for improved adherence, not to mention that it contains a durable metal frame.
- The Solidoodle 2 already checks in entirely assembled, and its open-source software could be easily downloaded from its own website. After you download it, this one’s good to go.
The Buccaneer 3D Printer
- The Buccaneer 3D Printer is the shiniest one included in this list. It includes a see-through Plexiglass base which is enclosed with an aluminum top. Furthermore, it is wireless printing so it means no USB cord required—which also means more convenience and less fuss.
- It prints out in PLA and then complete with an unheated table. Its printing area is 5.9 inches by 3.9” by 4.75”.
- The Buccaneer 3D Printer is well-suited with OS X as well as Windows.
- The price tag is at $379 and come unassembled.
The Peachy Printer
- The Peachy printer is one example of a photolithographic printer which mean it uses a laser beam in order to treat a share of a pool of light-sensitive resin into the contour of one object –so in short, zero extruder or filament needed. All you are purchasing now is a laser printer head and the directions on creating the printer housing, however it is not that hard; all you need is some glue and some household stuff, like a couple of plastic soda bottles.
- Not to mention that the size of the print platform is unlimited. The more distant is the print head is away from its resin, the bigger the object it would generate. The Peachy Printer brand works with Windows, OS X and Linux.
- Perhaps the best part about this Peachy Printer is that it only costs $100.
The XYZ Printing Da Vinci 1.0
- XYZ Printing is a Taiwanese firm which is still new when it comes to the 3D printing world but boy, are they already gaining so much popularity because of their affordable yet high quality printing machines. This 3D printer is the XYZ’s first and you would be mesmerized by its specifications which is obviously way better than the other ones, supposedly.
- With a build volume of 7.8” cubed or 20mm cubed, it easily makes it the largest 3D printer in our list. Similar with Solidoodle, it also contains 100 micron layer resolution. It also includes an LCD display and has obviously awesome packaging looks due to its semi-closed casing.
- Nonetheless, there are still disadvantages to this printer. This 3D printer employs proprietary filament cartridge system and that means that this machine merely identifies the cartridges of its own company.
- By and large, XYZ Printing Da Vinci 1.0 has indeed some of the most amazing specs if you simply take out the cartridge system out of its picture. More importantly, it only costs $499.
The PrintBot Simple Maker Edition Kit
- With a price tag of $349, PrintrBot Simple should be considered a great 3D printer. The owner would learn so much in terms of building its kit which is perfect for newbies.
- PrintrBot has already been giving the market with printers both in kits as well as the assembled ones. Printrbot Simple undergone various revisions and it has metal variant released this first quarter of the year.
- PrintrBot Simple Maker Edition Kit is considered to be the tiniest 3D printer in our list. With only 4” cubed or 100mm cubed build volume, the user cannot print huge objects. But, with its 100 micron print resolution, you could already acquire really defined objects.
So who says you can’t own 3D printers for under $500? Yes, you can—as proof of this list and with high quality caliber at that. So go and take your pick!