Last Updated on January 17, 2017 by Tim
Airplane Pillow Buying Guide
Whether you are a casual traveler taking off on vacation, or a bustling business proficient who piles on a large number of air miles every year, spending extended periods of time on a confined airplane can be a hopeless ordeal. From continually rising charges to uncomfortable seats and surly flight chaperones, many have found that the cordial skies are regularly a genuine bad dream. Luckily, there are a few different airplane pillow options available that assurance you will be whisked away to dreamland in minutes, leaving the show of the airplane behind. With regard consider the below airplane pillow buying guide
What to look for when buying airplane pillows
- Try and find a pillow that is made out of memory foam. This type of foam lasts longer and is better for you than regular industrial foam. Memory foam can conform better to the curve of your neck, and at the same time offer great support.
- The cover of the pillow should be removable and washable. Having a pillow with this feature makes the pillow last longer and is better for hygiene.
- Look for a pillow that has a natural contour to it. A pillow that has a built in curve will fit much better than a pillow that is flat.
- While it may be tempting to buy a cheap airplane pillow under $10, it sometimes is worth is to spend a little more for a quality pillow that offers real support.
- Be prepared to experiment and buy at least two pillows. Odds are your first pillow might not be that comfortable. Everyone’s preferences are different, so you might have to buy two or three before getting that perfect fit.
- Use the pillow for at least 7 days before deciding whether or not it will work for you. Some memory foam pillows take some time to get used to.
- When in doubt, go with a thicker pillow, rather than a thinner pillow. Not only does this give you more padding, but it also helps to offer more support for your neck.
In addition to airplane pillows that give head and neck support, a few travelers choose cushions planned to give back support amid the long excursion. These pillows are available in an assortment of different shapes and sizes and are proposed to mitigate back torment that many people languish when staying situated over amplified timeframes. Both inflatable and stuffed options are available.
Beyond traditional pillows and cushions, there are a few unique products that have hit the market as of late. For instance, a few explorers now fly with an airplane pillow that lays on the seatback table, giving a space to one to rest their head amid the voyage. Cushions that cover the whole airplane seat are likewise turning out to be increasingly mainstream.
Regardless of what you are looking for in an airplane pillow, there is sure to be an alternative that will function admirably for you. Say farewell to those hopeless flights loaded with extended periods of time of tossing and turning. Obtaining a superb pillow won’t just make the voyage more agreeable, but additionally, it can promise you will arrive feeling invigorated and content.
Best Airplane Pillow
1. Travelrest Ultimate Travel Pillow
Anyone who wants full support for the neck, head, and shoulder and have something to wrap their hands to would love this airplane pillow. If you are a person who falls asleep and tends to fall forward, this pillow gives you just the right support to prevent it from happening. The airplane pillow is also easy to carry, inflate, deflate and adjust despite it being bigger that the usual travel pillows.
2. J-pillow Travel Pillow
The J-pillow, as the name implies, has a unique “J” shape and the purpose for its shape is to support the chin, neck, head and shoulders. The J-pillow currently holds the highest rank in Amazon as the best-selling travel and airplane pillow. The pillow can be snapped on to your luggage or can be compacted inside bags or luggage along with your other travel items. This pillow is also machine washable and holds its form for a long period of time.
3. Infinity Pillow by Huzi Design
For many who does not want to have just one design for their airplane pillows, this can be the best choice. The Infinity Pillow can be changed in as many ways as a traveler wants to change it. It is even great for long, noise-free travel because of its noise-cancelling abilities when worn like ear mufflers.
4. AirComfy Inflatable Multi-Purpose Travel Pillow
This airplane pillow has one of the best support for the neck, preventing you from having stiff necks when sleeping while traveling. It does not require you to huff and puff tremendously to achieve the firmness you want; simply open the air valve and it will inflate on its own. It does not take up much space and is cushioned well which makes it softer than the usual airplane pillows.
5. Cabeau Evolution Cool Pillow
The Cabeau Evolution Cool Pillow does not just boast about its superb memory foam, it also features cooling effect for the neck to prevent heat and sweating. The traveling pillow has air circulation vents which allow air to pass through and keep your skin from sweating. You can even remove the cover and wash it to prevent any dirt and germs build up.
6. Trtl Soft Neck Support Travel Pillow
The Trtl Soft Neck Support travel pillow may have an unusual form, but it boasts having scientifically proven neck support even for long travels. The pillow is known to support the neck and the head on the right angle which cannot be achieved with the traditional traveling pillows. It is also relatively smaller and more lightweight compared to other airplane pillows.
7. Tumi Pax On-The-Go Packable Jacket
If you want a jacket and an airplane pillow in one, the Tumi Pax On-The-Go Packable Jacket is your best bet. It can be worn as a traditional jacket made with 100% Nylon and is both water and wind resistant. Roll the jacket and it can be converted into a neck pillow. Packing it in your bag is easier since it has its packable pouch easily accessible through the collar.
Also read: Top Benefits of Integrating Sales Enablement Tools with a CRM