Last Updated on January 18, 2016 by Tim
MigFunder is a crowdfunding platform for migration, asylum, and human rights projects worldwide. They use the power of the internet and social media to spread the word about your project and generate funding from backers both large and small to make the difference you are seeking to achieve.
Who does MigFunder cater to?
- Migrants looking to create (or grow) their businesses abroad or in their countries of origin
- Migrant organisations, public agencies (including international organisations), NGOs and individuals looking to launch a development or humanitarian initiative in support of migrant and refugee communities worldwide
- Academics and think tanks looking to fund a new research project in this area.
How does it work?
- After you register, click on the tab ADD PROJECT. You will then be asked to complete an online form with information about yourself and your project and the amount of money you are aiming to raise.
- Tell your story and provide as much background information as you can about yourself and your organization as well as your project.
- Photos and short videos are also an excellent way of communicating the campaign and making people feel part of it.
- Finally, tell all your friends that your project is on MIGFUNDER. Using the power of your social networks is one of the most valuable tools you have to spread the word and raise your funds.