Last Updated on November 9, 2015 by Tim
Domotz is a home monitoring system that lets you monitor, manage, access, troubleshoot and power your home devices from anywhere. With Domotz you can power devices remotely, log on to home devices like a computer while not at home, get alerted about important network events like when a device joins or leaves the network, see network performance and diagnostics, and get trusted help for IT issues with just one click.
Distinctive Domotz features include:
- Device Address Book: Domotz automatically creates an address book of all connected devices regardless of protocol (IP, Zwave, Zigbee, BLE) or manufacturer and provides immediate access to them in one place.
- Remote Access: Domotz automatically discovers any device’s available services, detects its ports and allows a secure connection to be established.
- Remote Power Management: From a single interface, Domotz enables devices connected to common IP power plugs and POE switches to be powered or rebooted remotely in one click.
- Alerts: Domotz enables the set-up of customized alerts for any home device or network event.
- Remote Collaboration: Domotz enables the secure invitation of a trusted person onto the network to help solve IT issues remotely. This feature also enables professional users like systems administrators or home automation professionals, or family members to access a Domotz-enabled external network.
- Network Diagnostics: Domotz displays network performance data and detects where problems are originating. You can run speed and health tests to see broadband connection strength and problems.
It’s designed for homes with Wi-Fi, smart or automated homes, for watching over a second home or vacation home, for hosts that rent out their home or apartment, and for small businesses that don’t have a system administrator.