Animalous is a secure and anonymous communication app with true end-to-end encryption. Their target audience represents honest people and reputable businesses, who do not want to share their private lives or confidential business information with any government, police, or other unauthorized third parties.
It is is built for people who have concerns about backdoors being present in popular messaging apps. Animalous wants to persuade everyone that they take the protection of privacy on the Internet seriously. Their servers are located in a former nuclear bunker with the highest degree of security in Sweden.
Not only does Animalous offer secure communication, but if also offers complete anonymity – no installation or registration is required.
- Servers are located in a nuclear proof bunker in Sweden
- Hosting provider hosted WikiLeaks
- Animalous is spread only from physical infrastructure that is located in Swedish territory and their hosting provider does not respond to any demands from authorities in other countries
- They use utomatically and randomly generated nicknames that consist of a color & animal, such as PurpleFrog and this secures 100% anonymity
- 5 characters Room Key offers over 345 million combinations
- A Room Key is valid for 5 minutes only. So anyone entering your private Room after this time would need a new Room Key
- 256-bit SSL encryption
- Animalous is secured using 2 layered protection. In the top layer, there is standard TLS, which is well described in publications over the web. In the bottom layer, they are encrypting each of your messages using modern AES-GCM cipher, which is confirmed by NSA for usage in confidential documents. For the purposes of validation and secret key exchange mechanism, they have used standard RSA(KEM) implementations
- They have put together encryption layer similar to TLS using implementations from renowned groups like Google or DigitalBazaar, removing own certification to keep perfect anonymity
- User’s communication is never archived.
- User’s files are never archived.
- All messages are encrypted in user’s computer before they are actually sent so they cannot decrypt them
- Can any user be identified by using PayPal to buy a Premium Code? No
- All Users entering the Room, must be allowed by the Room Owner. This prevents any unwanted Users to enter the Room, even if they have obtained the Room Key somehow
- Users in the Room can see all entering or leaving the Room
- No installation is required
- No contact list, no names, no connections
- Animalous cannot see and do not archive any connection between Users
- The Erase Board feature erases any ongoing communication in a Room. Any User can erase the board, anytime. This feature erases only messages displayed on User’s screen and no messages or files are archived on their servers
- A Room Owner can kick out any User
- Free Chat is not less secure than Animalous Premium
- Flash isn’t used
- A nickname changes every time a User uses Animalous
- How do they respond to authorities? Animalous does not archive and cannot decrypt any of your messages or files, even if they are forced by authorities. They have nothing to give them.
- 9 character Premium Code in easy-to-remember structure
- No login is required. Animalous does not work with user accounts that can be easily misused
- A loss or misuse of a Premium Code does not imply a security risk
- They do not offer either Android or iOS apps as their goal is to eliminate any User identification elements
- Traditional RSA encryption
- Messages are not archived in User’s device
- Files that haven´t been downloaded are not archived in User’s device.
- A print screen of User’s chatting board does not imply any security risk, as it contains no identification information
- Google Analytics isn’t used
- Your private key is refreshed everytime you open www.animalous.com
- Animalous uses a forge library as a main implementation of cipher algorithms