Shaklee is a multi-level marketing company founded by Dr. Forrest Shaklee back in 1956. The company offers products that focus on skin care, nutrition, home care, and weight management. Most of them are eco-friendly and designed to help reduce the carbon footprint. Shaklee has invested millions and millions of dollars in research and development to ensure their products are top notch. Without further ado, this article will give you a comprehensive review on the company and why you should consider becoming part of it.
Shaklee’s products deal with home care, beauty, nutrition, and weight management. The company claims that they are all high-quality products:
- Home Care: Products under this category include laundry, kitchen, and household cleaners. These eco-friendly items are non-toxic to keep everyone in the household safe from harmful chemicals commonly found in cleaning products. You can use them without worrying about the health of your family.
- Weight Management: The company has a weight loss program called the Shaklee 180. This weight management product was backed with over 50 years of research. It can help you live healthier while keeping your weight under control. The program offers products like metabolic boosters, smoothies, meal replacement items, snacks, and energy-boosting teas. These products are good for 180 days, where the first 90 helps you lose all the excess weight, while the remaining is for maintenance.
- Anti-Aging: Some Shaklee products under this category include the Vivix and MindWorks. These items are helpful in boosting your memory and cell repair to keep you looking young and healthy every day.
- Skin and Beauty: All products under this category are naturally made to help protect the skin from damage caused by various environmental factors like sun exposure. They are also designed to help repair damaged skin cells to allow for younger-looking skin. These items include shampoo, conditioner, soap, and many other products. They are all non-toxic to keep your skin safe from harmful chemicals.
- Nutrition: Shaklee has a wide range of nutrition products to help you live healthily and comfortably. They have products for sports, digestive system, anti-aging, antioxidants, children’s nutrition, and heart health, among others.
Being part of a multi-level marketing company gives you plenty of options to earn money. While you can start earning by selling products to retail customers, your income-generating potential increases when you build a solid downline. Shaklee rewards its members with a favorable commission every time their downline sells. The more solid your downline is, the bigger your income will be. The company provides free training to all members, which is an advantage that you must grab once you sign-up.
Becoming a Member
Signing up with Shaklee is easy. There are many ways to earn money from the company’s products. You can either choose to become a consumer, a member, a distributor, or a Gold ambassador. These are the membership levels that you can choose from, and you will be given the chance to upgrade when you qualify.
The first membership level is the Consumer. It lets you buy and use Shaklee products for your own consumption. There is no sign-up fee required under this membership. You can purchase the products at retail price. However, this level does not provide an income opportunity as it only lets you make a purchase for personal consumption.
This level will let you enjoy discounts on all Shaklee products. You can get up to 25 percent discount on the suggested retail price of the company’s items. You will also receive access to a wide range of health and wellness information. Signing up will require you to get a member kit that contains a product guide, a Shaklee special online page, and a product DVD. The kit comes with a one-time payment of $19.95, which already includes your membership.
The company will pay you for using their products and sharing your knowledge about them with other people under this membership level. It puts you a step closer to becoming an independent distributor. Signing up will cost you $49.95, which is a one-time payment. Like the Members, you will also get up to 25 percent discount on all Shaklee products based on SRP. You will be given a free product and a chance to receive 100 PV Potential on your next order. A Shaklee Independent Distributor Kit will be given, as well.
Gold Ambassador – Highest Level
Being a Gold Ambassador will allow you to have your own home office. The company will pay you to use their products, and share your experience with other people to encourage sales. This membership has two sub-levels: the Gold and Gold Plus. You can have your own home office for only $299, which is only good for the first year. It is best to gather as much training and experience as possible before joining this membership level. Having adequate experience and skills will help you achieve success easily as a Gold Ambassador.
Shaklee is a multi-level marketing company, which means that you can only increase your earning potential by creating a solid downline. The company has one of the highest average earnings in the industry. It means that you have a big chance of increasing your income within a shorter span of time, unlike when you sign-up with other MLM companies.
Your earning potential will vary based on your rank. The rankings include:
- The Senior Director
- The Coordinator
- The Senior Coordinator
- The Executive Coordinator
- The Senior Executive Coordinator
- The Key Coordinator
- The Senior Key Coordinator
- The Master Coordinator
- The Senior Master Coordinator
- Presidential Master Coordinator
Directors can earn as much as $10,000 dollars, and the figure can go as high as six digits when you become a presidential master coordinator.
Shaklee has been in the MLM industry for over 50 years. It is a legit company, and not a scam. The company has remained transparent to maintain credibility. Like any other MLM companies, you will only achieve success in Shaklee when you have the skills and experience necessary to build a solid downline and not just sell products. The company, luckily, offers free training to its members to help them succeed.