Last Updated on August 17, 2017 by Tim
Let’s meet Alex Lubinsky, co-founder of startup, Rentberry: Long-term apartment rentals.
Founders: Alex Lubinsky, Lily Ostapchuk
In a few sentences, tell us what your startup is all about!:
Rentberry’s goal is to bring quality to the long-term rental process. No matter whether you’re a landlord or a tenant, you can complete all rental-related tasks online. But most importantly, we solve the major problem of the industry – help properties get their fair market price. We let tenants see the real demand for the properties they like and make custom offers based on the information. This way, tenants avoid overpaying, while landlords get a chance to select candidates based on the results of a built-in tenant screening and individual offers.
August 2015. Pre-Series A.
Let us know a bit about your team, who are the key team members?:
So far, we have a team of 15 professionals working towards a shared goal. Rentberry’s employees used to work for the world’s top companies, including Blackberry, Depositphotos, Tonic Health, and others. Now the best talents we could find help us improve standards of the rental world.
If applicable, what is your growth like? And what milestones has your startup achieved so far?:
- Raised almost $1.2 mln from high-profile Angel investors
- Gathered a full-time dedicated team of 15 professionals
- Got featured on TV prime time news (CBS, Fox 5, Pix11) and top media channels (Vanity Fair, the Independent, SFGate)
- Achieved monthly growth of 40% every month since our launch
Why did you choose this particular idea and concept to build your startup on?:
It was my first-hand experience of applying for a rental property that made me think of it in the first place. I was once asked to pay extra money to get my tenant application chosen. It was the moment when I realized how huge the problem of bidding wars was. Later on, when I’ve started managing several properties myself, I understood the problem was two-sided. I realized there was a way to fix it, and that’s how Rentberry was born.
Do you have any customer feedback on your product and/or service that you could share?:
Sure, there are some quotes from our users:
- “Rentberry is the best rental service I have found. For years, I rented and had to painfully negotiate terms, sign paper contracts, and send checks to my landlords. Rentberry makes all of this so much easier!” S. Baker, Tenant
- “Great customer service. The team at Rentberry was available 24/7 to walk me through the process and help me secure an incredible apartment.” R. Nair, Tenant
- “I now feel confident enough to find high-quality tenants and manage my own properties. Highly recommend.” M. Koran, Landlord
Are you looking for funding or are you open to partnership opportunities, and if so, what’s the best way for people to get in contact with you?:
Yes, we are open for new partnerships as long as they are relevant and beneficial for both parties. I’m always glad to consider new opportunities, so feel free to get in touch via my email [email protected].
Finally, do you have any other comments or information about your product that you would like to add?:
My team and I are sharing the dream of a better future, where any business becomes transparent and socially responsible. So far, we’re working on the improvement of the long-term rental experience in the United States. However, we don’t want to keep it down to one country only and consider international expansion in the years to come.
Social Media Profiles: