Last Updated on May 26, 2015 by Tim
Though we love to talk on the phone and use video chat like Skype, Facetime and Hangout, it can be very frustrating finding a good time to talk. The topics are limited to daily life, and these conversations are largely forgotten. So Campfire UG created a simple audio story sharing system to tell & record, listen & play, and treasure & keep your family stories.
The StoryHome Device is built for your family to record, play and keep your audio stories. StoryHome is made to tell and record stories with just a push of a button, making this device easy to use for anyone.
To get started, you just plug power and the internet into the device, and it will light up. It cues you to tell a first story: answer one of 1000 life questions, read a book or just tell your own tale. The device will then automatically send the stories to the rest of the family.
Tell stories how you want to:
- Just tell your own tale
- Answer one of 1000 life questions
- Read a story from a book
- Respond to questions from your family
The Device is safe for your kids:
- There is no WiFi when it is off of its basestation
- The Device will undergo FCC, CC, and UL safety certifications
For those people who are not very digitally savvy, StoryHome made it easy:
- Plug in the power to an outlet and the LAN cable to your internet router. Or even setup the WiFi
- There is one button to tell a story and another one to listen
You can set the time and days of the week stories will arrive:
- Stories arrive at bedtime so your kids know when it’s time to brush their teeth
- No need to make an appointment, tell stories when you are inspired
Optimized for recording your voice:
- Analog components are included to preprocess the audio before it will be sent to the cloud, to optimize the recording quality of your voice
- The Cloud System will allow some processing to further improve your audio
- The included speaker sits in an optimized resonance chamber, to create a nicer, warmer sound
Pass the stories down from generation to generation on the StoryHome Family Cloud:
- Your stories are stored on your very own StoryHome Family Cloud you can access from any Device
- Control who gets to listen to what story
- Each Device comes with 6 hours of Family Cloud storage
- Organize and rename the stories
- Edit the stories yourself
StoryHome is currently being funded on Kickstarter and has already received a lot of interest from backers.