Last Updated on May 27, 2015 by Tim
Guillaume Rolland has just launched a Kickstarter campaign for his smell-based alarm clock, SensorWake. Tired of waking up with the typical, annoying alarm clock noise, Guillaume decided to do something about it and invented an alarm that wakes you up with smell.
But can scents really wake you up? According to the studies that SensorWake did, it successfully woke up 99% of the participants within 2 minutes. Pretty impressive.
“I thought that now, in the 21st century, everyone should have the right to wake up happy, relaxed and peaceful, ready for a great day. So I invented the SensorWake!” says Guillaume.
A user will have a choice of a wide variety of scents, with each pack containing 2 capsules that will wake you up 60 times each. Here is the current list of smells with more planned in the future.
- Continental breakfast: Espresso & Hot Croissant
- Candy Rush: Sweet peach & Strawberry candy
- Enjoy the break: Seaside (monoi, tiare flower) & Lush Jungle (cut grass, leaves)
- Invigorating Aromatherapy: Purifying Tea Tree & Harmonious Chocolate
- Vitalization Aromatherapy: Stimulating Ginger & Invigorating Pepper Mint
- VIP lounge (for Kickstarter Backers only): Dollar & Ebony Luxury
SensorWake is really simple to use. After setting up the wake up time, insert the scent of your choice. Scent diffusion begins at the scheduled time and you will be gently woken up within 2 minutes.
This smelly alarm clock is almost 50% funded on Kickstarter, and it was just launched. If (and when) it’s funded, SensorWake is scheduled to be shipped November 2015.