Before coming after the link building campaign, it would be best to consider a few SEO secrets we list here. From the size of the content to find broken links, make sure you read and try to apply some of these critical suggestions.
Below, however, we listed some of the secrets that would make your SEO strategy and execution more efficient.
1. Do you know what your audience is?
When you are planning or creating a website or a blog post, do you know what kind of users would come? Do you know what they would like to see or read?
Google is not an advertisement board; it is a large company that strives to make the maximum data available to users worldwide in the most efficient way.
A Website focusing on niches and niche audiences may rank better faster. Some tools, such as Majestic, consider a topic index, which shows what categories your website is more related to. The odds are that Google sees the same thing.
Focusing on your audience needs would increase engagement, time spent on your website, page visits, and so on. Metrics that are important for rankings nowadays.
Not only that, if your audience finds something informative and helpful on your website, they will work with you to make your website better. Therefore, you have to know your audience and do your best to connect with them.
To help you know your audience better, you can use free SEO tools such as Google Analytics and Google Search Console. They can tell you about the geography, demography, interest, etc.
With GSC, you can also know the CTRs of your page, which allows you to fix title and meta descriptions according to what your audience would be more willing to click.
2. Start by optimizing your pages
If it is either a blog post, a product landing page, or a category page, all need to be optimized. For accomplishing that, we recommend following a few SEO secrets listed below:
- Search for long-tail keywords as targets and include them in your content. Long-tail keywords have less traffic but have fewer competitions. The chances for ranking higher fats increase.
- Focus on making your landing page design more friendly. We will talk a little bit more about technical SEO details that would help, but at the end of the day, consider having a user friendly.
- Work on internal and links. Not only building external links are the best strategy. If you have internal links, you can pass the juice authority from one page to the other easily.
- Add the titles and meta descriptions. Optimize them for your audience, as mentioned before.
- Fon and remove broken links. They avoid Google crawler to do its work. Also, they don’t help your user experience.
3. Technical SEO is very important
Whether you are creating your website or using the services of an agency, technical SEO should not be re-integrated.
This is because the technical SEO increases the ranking as well as the user experience. Here are some of the factors that are included in the technical SEO that you should focus on:
- Site speed should be optimized; otherwise, the user will not come back
- Images on your website should open fast, so focus on reducing the size without losing the quality. There plugins that can help you.
- PObviousle, make it mobile-friendly.
4. Publish good content
When creating a blog or business website, content should always be considered important.
However, if the content you are writing is not effective and beneficial to the audience, you miss the opportunity. The only reason a user comes to your site is because of the information, service, or product they are looking for. If you cannot provide this, you are not delivering the basic.
The content you write should be engaging and this will increase the interest of users just as much as they would like to come back to your website.
You should always research the material while making your content conversational, just as you are talking with your audience.
Other important considerations:
- Use Images, people like visuals to support their reading.
- Use short sentences. It would look easier to read, especially on cell phones.
- Increase word counting to at least 1000 Words.
- Fix grammatical errors.
- Divide small sections of content with headers.
If it’s a blog post or a press release announcement, have your audience in mind and write how it would make them interested.
If you copy the Internet’s ideas, there may be similarities between your content and the Internet publication.
In this regard, you can see the consequences of writing plagiarism content, which negatively impacts the search engine.
But whether you have written the plagiarized content unintentionally or intentionally, you should always check your content’s originality through an online plagiarism checker. This would help you recognize your content’s uniqueness.
5. Benchmark Your Competition
When monitoring your website, checking where your competitor’s page is at is essential:
- What pages rank better
- What is the content focus on their successful pages?
- What are the websites they are getting backlinks from
- What are the size and quality of their top pages?
There was a time when you had to find your competitors and try to scrap maximum data manually, but the data was still not accurate or even close to accurate. But now, due to the technology and advanced SEO tools, you can easily create the statistics of the site itself of your competitor’s site.
There are various online tools like Ahrefs, Moz, SpyFu, Majestic, UbberSuggest, to help you know the traffic, backlinks, top pages, rank, and many other data from your competition.
After doing your homework, start planning your strategy and do better them your competitors.
- Know your audience.
- Optimize your pages.
- Fix technical SEO aspects.
- Publish good content.
- And benchmark your competition.
If these items look obvious to you, great! Take a look inside each of them and see if you’re missing something. Remember that SEO can be the best and more permanent way to increase traffic.